my second post here. the blank canvas lies before me, or the blank page if you’re a writer (like myself). it could be terrifying for some but that’s only because of passion, excitement, and adventure. art isn’t hard, neither is writing. we just make it thus. we want these oft addictive hobbies to be more than they actually are (or aren’t?).
I have a unpopular opinion(s) yo:
- art isn’t love
- art isn’t life
- art isn’t religion
- art doesn’t solve problems, but it can (it can make you $$)
- it can instill passion, but isn’t passion
- it can stimulate conversation, but isn’t conversation
- its easier than some might think, and even easier than what the multitudes already do
- Picasso once said: he spent a lifetime to learn to create art as a child does
- read these books: the Art Life, Art & Fear, and the Artist’s Life. And in no particular order
- if you’re a human being, you are art.
but this isn’t about art I just wanted to plug this in.
I’m thinking about what to write about nowadays. I have plenty and I have none. despite what people and anti-culture dictate: life isn’t constantly fun, it isn’t constant exciting, action packed, and stimulating. if it were it would actually be more boring. it is quiet, it is still, it moves at its own rhythm + tempo. once being an urbanite I had to constantly be in movement, much like in martial arts. it’s like being in improv you act spontaneously. the ‘actors’ (sniggers) have to roleplay out the keywords the crowd tosses. they take what sounds the easiest, ignoring yours obviously. unless the chick actress wants drinks and sexy-time with you, then never call you again. well that is an exhausting existence, its not sustainable. and we wonder why there’s so much stress, chronic illnesses, emotional disorders in society today. technology doesn’t help much but is an enabler actually. people now more than ever are thirsty for relevancy, for their 5 minutes of viral famewhore fanfare. attention deficit economy. narcissists trying to steal your attention off of other narcissists.
it’s neither healthy nor sane. neither is delusional denial that it is.